Thursday, June 2, 2011

Let's see how long this last...

So I love to write. In school I was the goofball that loved essays and loved reading them out loud even more. I do have a journal, you know, the old fashion kind, where you use a pen and actually write. But I don't know about you, but I am terribly inconsistant with how often I write in it. It's probably 3 times a year I actually put down some thoughts. So I guess I'm upgrading now to blogging :) So like my title says, "let's see how long this last..." :)

I'm a Pastor's wife, which is not to be mistaken for just a wife. Not demeaning wives in general (they're awesome), but I have learned there is a difference. I never fully understood the difference until the past year or so.
My first encounter with a Pastor's wife was many, many years ago. And to be frank, the first impression I got from her was yuck! My mom, her boyfriend, and all the stepkids and I attended this church (I won't be cruel and name names). We were a mixture of shy & unruly kiddos and our manners were...um...let's just say, lacking. And I vividly remember the Pastor's wife looking at me with disgust and embarrassing me by asking me questions about the Bible, knowing I had NO earthly idea who even NOAH was (GASP!) infront of the whole Sunday school class. To top it off her daughter was my age and was very standoff-ish and rude to me, especially at school! It wasn't a great experience and I'm glad I didn't let them turn me off completely to God.
So then years later, I attended another church with some friends from my subdivision. I got to meet this Pastor's wife, and I was pleasantly surprised. She was older, but so kind. Always hugging me even when I didn't want hugs and genuinely seemed to care about me. She was great.  So that was the beginning of my "views" of Pastor's wives. I have many many more perspectives of all the different Pastor's wives that I've known. And I will eventually get to them all, but for now I want to end this blog with saying this: I don't judge any Pastor's wife, whether rude, cold, or warm and loving. Because I and especially you have no idea what has and is going on in that woman's life. A Pastor's wife could best describe her life as, "her life in a fishbowl". At every angle every one can see, and they are looking. I'm not judging those that "look", I was and still am (by nature) a "looker". It's so easy to watch your Pastor's wife so closely, and wonder what happens behind closed doors. But this is partly why I started wanting to blog. I'd like to share some "Pastor's wife" secrets with you and maybe help you understand her life and grow to love her in a deeper manner.

So let the fun begin!

1 comment: